Registered Nurse (RN)
- Aug 25, 2017
- Healthcare : Registered Nurse (RN)
8200 Provincial Way - Centerville, Ohio, 45458
St. Leonard/CHI Living Community is hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN) job in Dayton,OH
Join Our Team
FOR Weekend opportunities with additional pay incentives
At St. Leonard we believe a job should be more than simply a means of earning a living. It should be a learning experience, a path to personal growth, and most importantly, a way of putting faith into action. As our campus continues to grow, we are seeking like-minded candidates to join our team.
- Competitive wages
- Outstanding benefits
- Full-Time & Part-Time available
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Registered Nurse shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission statement and core values (reverence, service and stewardship) of St. Leonard and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental and safety policies, rules and regulations. This position supports the philosophy, mission and core values of St. Leonard.
Responsibilities are as follows but not limited to:
- Performs activities related to the nursing care needs of residents.
- Gives and received a thorough shift report to/from oncoming nurse.
- Monitors work performance of nurse assistants. Makes frequent rounds throughout the shift.
- Performs activities related to medications and treatments in accordance with facility policies and processes.
- Safely administers medication and treatments ordered by the physician.
- Maintains control of scheduled drugs and all drugs in medicine cart; monitors for discrepancies and reports promptly to RN Unit Manager.
- Documents in accordance with nursing policies and procedures.
- Monitors and documents accurately all nursing actions implemented as well as effectiveness of implementation in nursing notes and resident plan of care.
- Accurately records assessments of physiological and mental dimensions of residents, including pain assessment.
- Maintains effective communication with residents, families, staff and physicians.
- Responsible for daily shift documentation including head to tow assessment of skilled residents.
- Functions in a calm, positive manner in an emergency or crisis situation.
- Communicates consistently with the RN Unit Manager; reports pertinent concerns/issues to RN Unit Manager.
- Reviews and teaches resident and family about pain management, including pain-rating scales and goal setting; importance of aggressive, preventative pain treatment; analgesic misconceptions; and plan for pain management.
- Participates in resident/family teaching, and initiates discharge planning in a timely manner.
Interested Registered Nurse (RN) please click on the APPLY NOW button to start the application process or attach your resume
For more information, call Jennifer Nagel at: 937-240-1579
Independent Living • Assisted Living • Memory Care
Rehabilitation • Skilled Nursing • Adult Day Services
About St. Leonard:
Just 10 miles south of Dayton, nestled on 240 acres of beautiful countryside, is an award-winning senior lifestyle community where residents enjoy convenience, security, amenities and activities among friendly neighbors and caring staff.
St. Leonard is a continuing care retirement community located in Centerville, Ohio where comfort and convenience meet. Our special combination of housing choices, personalized support services, vital active programs and quality health care goes beyond the traditional – it’s a new way of thinking that places your needs first.