Direct Support Professional
- Sep 05, 2017
- Healthcare : Direct Care Staff
Welcome House, Inc. is hiring for a Direct Support Professional job in Solon,OH
Welcome House is searching for responsible, self-reliant and conscientious individuals for our Direct Support Professional positions.
Pay & Benefits: $9.75/Hour. Benefits offered to employees who work over 30 hours a week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote good hygiene and grooming for residents. Assist with personal care (bathing, showering, toileting, shaving, dental & nail care, etc.).
- Administer and supervise the residents in the taking of medications and treatments and record those activities under the direction of a nurse.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule. Actual duties may vary according to the client’s needs, specific assignment, or work site. May be required to cross-train at different sites, and report to those sites based on immediate need without notice.
- Maintain, record, and review required documentation regarding the personal progress and skill development of each resident and provide recommendations regarding the residents to the Program Coordinator, or the QDDP.
- Implement and document interventions as prescribed by the Individual Service Plan (ISP), Program Coordinator, or the QDDP.
- Transport residents to and from activities outside the home. May represent them at support services, including medical appointments, in coordination with the nurse.
- Responsible for the security, domestic chores, and light maintenance tasks; both inside and outside the home. Provide guidance and assistance to the residents in the completion of household chores.
- Advise maintenance staff of any needed repairs that cannot be done by the on-site staff.
- Maintain the facility food and non-food inventories.
- Promptly report major unusual incidents to the Manager or member on the Administration Team, and accurately complete an Unusual Incident Report (UIR).
- Will become and remain aware of Welcome House Policies and Procedures; as well as federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and ordinances.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a high school diploma/GED
- Must have a valid OH driver’s license
- MUST be able to pass a background check and drug screen
Click the 'Apply Now' button to apply today!